ford in a cj?

im still givin out gmail accounts too post your email and ill send you an invite 2 gig email rocks you can send 10 meg attachments with it too. just a little jesture for all that have been helping me THANKS!!!!

snowdog said:
im still givin out gmail accounts too post your email and ill send you an invite 2 gig email rocks you can send 10 meg attachments with it too. just a little jesture for all that have been helping me THANKS!!!!

:?: :?: :?:

anyway anything will fit with time and money.

Depends on what you mean by "fit in a CJ6".....

It will physically fit in the engine compartment, but it won't bolt up to any of the factory components. The one exception I think would be if you had the T98 or T18 heavy duty 4 speed transmission. In that case, I believe you could bolt a Ford engine to it by using a Ford T18 bellhousing from behind the same engine family as the one you're swapping in the Jeep.

Paint gun advice needed

If you've got a T-176 four speed, T18 four speed, or the T-150 three speed....then you can bolt a Ford engine to it by using the matching Ford version of the bellhousing, as these transmissions were also used by Ford. If you have an SR-4, T4, or T5 you should swap transmissions too. If you have any of those three or an automatic, you'll need an adapter to keep the factory transmission.
You'll need motor mounts. I think the inlets and outlets on the radiator match up, but I might be wrong. Various linkage, plumbing, and wiring problems will need to be addressed. Check out Novak Adapters website, it probably has alot of good info.

Re: RE: i need a crossmember

88Wrangles said:
Once again, what are these "gmail" accounts you speak of?

Gmail= Google Mail.

Their answer to web based email. It's awesome, and thinks outside the box.

You need an invite because it's in BETA stage, but it is great.

I also have invites if anyone needs/wants one.

Snowdog, are you thinking of replacing the transmission and everything else as well? Or are you asking if the 351 will bolt up to your stock transmission.

If you replace the transmission and everything as well...then the only thing to work out if motor, transmission, and t-case mounts...which is a lot easier. But if you just want to replace the motor, I think Junkpile pretty much covered everything there.

One more thing to consider is your stock axles and all that stuff handling the power of a 351 (which isn't a TON, but certainly a lot more than the stock 4 or 6 cyl.)

And if it's alright, you could send one of those gmail invites to: pyle119@aol.com

I don't need G-mail, though I can get it easily. I have a friend who just put a ford 390 in a CJ5... it can be done

RE: oil

Snitty said:
... it can be done

Very true. You could put a 15.8L Cat. engine in it if you wanted. Just need to do a little fab work :lol:

Back