Found Stolen Jeep

Craig

Just got a phone call from the police today...they found my jeep, it was used in a couple of robberies. They said everything seems to be on the jeep except the stereo and back seat. It's full of mud, tires, buckets and jerry cans. (I guess they were going 4wheelin before the jewerly store). I'll hopefully see it tomorrow to see the real damage. As for alarms, I'm familiar with the different ones out there, I used to have the top of the line Clifford on my old truck. I didn' want to put an alarm in my jeep because of the problems I had with my old one after river crossings. The siren got water into it and somehow shorted out the brain which was located inside the cab. Looks like I'm gonna have to reconsider it now. I found these really neat sirens for the interior called "Ear Bleeders" that emit such a loud, high pitch frequency that they'll actually make your ears bleed. (I don't think I'll be using these especially because it's convertable). The guys at the insurance company say the best thing to do is install a kill switch or even multiple switches in various locations going to the fuel pump. You don't want the switch to go to your ignigtion because they can still bomb start the jeep since it has a manual transmission. They also recomended a kill switch for your headlights. Most vehicles get stolen at night and if they don't have lights, they either won't take it or they are a lot more likely to get pulled over. [addsig]

Glad to hear you got your Jeep back man. Sorry about the damages though. I bought a regular car alarm from Wal Mart for about $55. It works rather well, and if it gets wet you don't have to really worry about the cost of replacing it (although $55 is still not something I would want to dish out all the time.) Hope it helps man. Keep Jeepin'
image-missing.png
[addsig]

wow that's cool man... and doesn't that say something for jeeps? those robbers had the choice of using ANY car to utilize as a getaway vehicle... and they chose a JEEP! [addsig]

Hahah good call there dingus....while they wont be outrunning any chase vehicles (the state police here have a souped up 2002 camaro SS for their chase vehicle)...once they get off road I doubt they would be followed far (on the ground anyway) hahaha. Another good idea to prevent theft (sort of) is to get a locking gas cap...most theives will abandon it when they run out of gas and find out they can't fill it up.[addsig]

If it was insured would say there is a bunch of damage on there
image-missing.png
Cause the insurance is going to pay to fix all that stuff right
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
and the theifs did the damage so it will not go up on your premiums right
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
So look it over real close and list any and all damage so you can get it fixed up just like it was right
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
any missing parts? any damage? was it not a different color and you loved that color
image-missing.png
I was just wondering Tug
image-missing.png
[addsig]

...yeah...didn't they steal your 8" lift...and yeah...my 350 V-8 is missing too...and so is the 9500lb. winch...and...
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Stay on the insurance company and dont except the jeep back

until every little detail is taken care of. I mean everything.

Check all the drivetrain cause it most likely was beat to death

the miles they had it. Make them replace as much as possible.

Like clutch, ball joints; see how the transmission and t-case work,

it wouldnt take much to tear the gears up in a ax-15. Remember

that once you except it back from the shop, thats pretty it, chances

are not another thing will get fixed.[addsig]

Oh yeah, winches can come factory on jeeps as an add-on, not

an option, like tube bumpers. So not extra insurance is needed

to cover those. Thank you allstate. Mine was stolen last summer

with my stereo. Believe this, the police caught the kid. He lived

like three houses down from me. I got my stereo back and my

winch. The insurance agent told me to just keep the money and

dont say anything to any other allstate employee's. So now I

have dual winches. hs9500i front & x8000i rear.[addsig]

Hey, I just thought of this...one good thing for a jeep with a fuel guage that doesn't work and a locking gas cap...they probably thought they had half tank of gas when they were really on empty and couldn't fill up because I do have a locking cap! Ummm...I think there was an Atlas II t-case in there...they must have swapped it back to a stock one...just kidding.[addsig]

Ok, the kill switch on the headlights rocks! That's a great idea and very easy! You just cut the main wire and splice in a switch. My friend rigged his car up to only start if the parking lights were on. It was a little battery kill switch he designed in. You couldn't even bump start it. Another friend put a school/fire bell behind the front seat of his pickup truck and had it rigged to the starter. It wouldn't go off until someone was actually in the vehicle and tried to start it. Then the alarm would go off just a couple feet from the thiefs head! Talk about painful!!!!!!!!!![addsig]

yea uhh i think you guys are having some problems with creativity lol. im gonna try to combine all of those into one. ill have a little pre-driving check list to deactivate all the booby traps to get the thing to run
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back