Frame Paint???

Jeepr89

I was wandering if anyone had suggestions for a good paint product to use on my frame? Any ideas are welcome and appreciated. Thanks Evan
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I've heard a lot of good things about POR-15. Stands for "Paint Over Rust" I haven't tried it yet myself

but plan to shortly. The only thing I'm holding out on is how well it handles road salt (important for those

of us up north). I suppose I could look it up, but since I don't have the facilities to properly tear apart my

Jeep right now, I'm in no hurry.

Cooper.[addsig]

It would depend on how rusty your frame is now. If you are up north and the Jeep has some years on it I would try the POR-15. If you are on a bit of a budget, I used a combination of undercoating and truck bed liner rattle cans. Just clean up the frame before you put it on. It seems to be holding up fairly well so far. I like having a nice looking frame since its a lot easier to see now that the Jeep has 7" of lift
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

POR 15 all the way! The stuff looks like powder coating when dry! My buddy is redoing his 85 CJ-7 with the stuff, and his new Curry built 9" axles look SWEET! It's not the cheapest paint on the planet, but it'll last ya.

[addsig]

I looked at the POR 15 in 4wd and I was wandering about how much I would need to do the frame. I ask this because being in school I lack the $$$ at this time of the year. Thanks for the helpful answers already Evan
image-missing.png
[addsig]

POR 15 isn't cheap, and it doesn't last long on it's own at all if it ever sees sun..

if you do go with the POR 15 get the top coat as well and use them both.[addsig]

Its about 50$ a quart. Its well worth it though. A quart will probably be enough to do your frame. Im using it on the floor before I patch the rusted out areas as a preventative measure. [addsig]

Back