Freezing Carb again.

adamjeep

I would like to ask again. My carb is frrezing (develops frost on the insde and outside) during warm up, new pcv valve, seems like it isnt getting enough warm air from the valve cover. Would there be any problem with removing the PCV valve and running without it. Or does anyone have any other ideas?? I'm not moving to Florida, the water smells like A$$.

Thanks,
Adam

Buy some fule anti freez like HEET and add to you fule tank see if that helps! Where are at that is getting that cold any way. tug

Hi adamjeep
what kind of ride do you have and where do you live? Do you have a hot air tube from the exaust manifold area to the aircleaner snorkle dislodged or missing? Is the exaust passover beneath the carb (V-8 intake manifold) plugged? LBR

I live in WA state on a hill at about 1250 ft, and travel down to sea level on a regular basis. Not that that may matter, but the morning have been cool. It shouldn't, this is a relatively new problem. I will try the HEET, and also there is a fitting to the air cleaner (Weber carb), but I don't know where to hook it up to. Maybe the other output on the PCV valve that I have capped? One outlet on the PCV runs to the mounting plates just below the carb. This looks like where the frost begins to form. I was thinking the problem was something to do with the cool air moving through the PCV while the engine warms up.

Back