Front axle pitch and correcting speedometer with 35" tires

rielly

Two things guys, When I did my spring over and welded new perches on I set the pitch too much. Meaning the yolk points right at the driveshaft and the upper balljoint is ahead of the lower one which is supposedly not good. It drives fine but concede I need to fix this. Think shims will do it or should I move the perches?? Probably need 4 or 5 degree shims to correct and not sure if I can get a centerbolt to go all the way through.

Second thing isn't there a way to correct my speedometer on my CJ not that Im running 35's? I want to keep all stock gauges.

thanks,
Tom

I could be wrong, but i think 4-5 degrees is a bit much for shims. I would go with the perch re- adjustment instead. On the speedometer, i think you can re-gear that speedo adapter to the t.case. try this link. Changing Your Jeep Speedometer Gear

I would cut and turn the spring perches. New Mopar spring perches run $20pr if you don't want to salvage the ones you have now.

Put an angle finder across the upper balljoint and tilt the axle back between 5 and 8 degrees.

Back