fuse block issues

mechmanmikey

My daughters 87 jeep Cherokee is from the bay area and the fuse block has had issues with the fuses not making good contact.I have tried clean the contacts,push the fuse block contacts together,replace the fuses and use diaelectric grease.Does anyone know of another trick or repair other than a new harness thanx:shades:

Have you checked the wires going into it? on the backside. Maybe they're pulling out a bit. Not sure on the Cherokees but a lot of them you can take them apart and see what exactly is causing the problem.

If anything they make aftermarket fuse boxes. No need to replace the entire harness.

Napa carries assorted aftermarket fuse blocks , I just replaced one in my wifes dj I only needed a 6 circut it cost me like $25. but they got 8,12,18 circut blocks also in the cherokee I believe its the 18 circut block you will need , prob run about $60. or so but still cheaper than a new harness

You can also call Painleess wiring for your application. I've heard of several fuse block options from them for a replacement and add on power distributions.

Back