Fuse box (glove compartment) direct 10 amp wire for 99 Wrangler

Melw

Hi
I just wanted to make sure that the direct power wire behind the glove compartment takes the red wire and the black is the ground.
Also I wanted to make that the device I am using to connect to the 10 amp wire has 3 cigarette lighters and I will be inserting in the first cig lighter plug a charger for my iphone. The other 2 will have seat warmers plug in. Will the 10 amp work?
Thanks

10amps sounds a bit low for 2 seat warmers. The charger doesn't take much,but electric heaters usually have a pretty high amperage draw. Check the documentation with and/or markings on the seat warmers to see how many amps each one draws then make sure your fused to handle about 10percent over expected amperage draw of the 2 together.

Hi I just wanted to make sure that the direct power wire behind the glove compartment takes the red wire and the black is the ground. Also I wanted to make that the device I am using to connect to the 10 amp wire has 3 cigarette lighters and I will be inserting in the first cig lighter plug a charger for my iphone. The other 2 will have seat warmers plug in. Will the 10 amp work? Thanks
The fuse box supplies voltage & power and the red wires are usually attached to the other side of the fuse. The black wires are ground wires that are attached to the body, usually at a common point. But separate ground points can work as long as the copper strands of the wire touch bare metal. So, from the battery through red wire to one side of a fuse to red wire on the other side of the fuse then to the unit. Black wire from the unit to body metal (ground plane)

As far as will 10A work. What wattage is each seat warmer?

Last edited:
Back