Gage question???

Jeepr89

How would one go about figuring out what gages to buy to replace the stock ones in my YJ, I am looking for some input here from anyone who has travled down this road before. I'm thinking about rigging up some gages in a piece of aluminum or stainless that I would mount over the factory location and then mount the gages in that.
Any input greatly appreciated Thanks Evan[addsig]

Are you asking what brands of gauges or what particular variety of gauges (voltage, air-fuel ratio, egt)....

And are you going to have more than the stock 4 (which I'd do if I was going to all the trouble of making a new setup for them).

In addition to stocker gauges....

I'd recommend a digital voltage gauge to replace the stock analog one (good for troubleshooting, relatively inexpensive...

- if there is a digital/analog one out there - get that one for sure - i.e. like some watches - with an analog face and a small digital display at the bottom.

and if you're doing any engine modding - a Air-fuel ratio gauge might be useful for ya - plus it's cool looking if you get a bar graph one (if you're a hardcore tuner - you'll want a digital too or a unit with both bar and digital (if someone has made one yet).

You could also go with an Ammeter to measure pull on your electrical system - again - great for trouble shooting and great for the jeeper that has hi-draw electrical accessories (winch, electric air compressor etc).

Hourmeter - just to be rowdy - to see how many hours you've been in your baby...

And possible a digital water temperature Gauge - for those intense offroading excursions - I believe these are available with alarms that can notify you when you hit a point - so you can pay attention to the trail and not have to be looking at the gauge all the time.

Of course there are many other gauges to choose from too - but these are just ones I thought might be most applicable to the generic jeep phenotypic user.[addsig]

Back