gearing for tires

DL13

Hi guys, I was wandering if I put on a set of 30x950-15 on my Cherokee would I have to re-gear the speedo for the tires? And if I need to what teeth would I need? :?:
Thanks for any help.

You should change it, and we need to know your axle ratio in order to recommend the correct speedo gear.

Changing the speedo gear will correct the speedometer and keep the jeep's computer and engine happy.

You should change it, and we need to know your axle ratio in order to recommend the correct speedo gear.

Changing the speedo gear will correct the speedometer and keep the jeep's computer and engine happy.
I had a filling I need to know my axle ratio. I'm still trying to find that out.
Thank you

There should be a metal tag attached to each differential cover under the cover bolts, post here all the numbers on the tags.

is there a chart somewhere that related tire size, gear ratio and speedo drive gear size?

Hi Hunter here's the numbers, front 52098971AB 3 73610749, rear 52111998AA L8 3 73606047-1, You might know by now from my other thread that SteelHeadz got it for me by P.M. using my VIN# (of cores I didn't mention he PM me). So if I'm reading the tags right the three digits on the rear axle after L8 is the ratio?
So what do you think on the gear?
Thank you

Last edited:
Hay Hunter, I have another question. I found out that the tires I'm getting are 30.8, will the 34t gear still be the right gear? The down side is I have all reedy ordered the gear.
Thanks

Ya I'm getting a 3" lift kit tomorrow. I was waiting for some guy to call me back on monday about a 2" kit but he never called so I decided to get a 3" kit, his loss. I'm hopping to have every thing on this weekend. I'm going to make a thread to show before and after.
While I'm thinking of it, do you know if ECTED by Auburn lockers any good? I'm thinking of putting one in the front axle.

Cool, I like the Idea of pushing a button and they magnetically lock.
Thanks again for your help.

Back