gearing info

bootguy

I dont quite know where to post this info so here goes. had the gears changed on my speedometer

1994 YJ
2.5 Liter engine
automatic transmission
31" tires
4:88 gears
.............................................MPH 25 35 45 55 65 75
before correction w/37 teeth gear .....20 28 36 44 53 62
after correction w/44 teeth gear .......25 34 44 53 63 73

Have not checked the mpg yet, but it sure shift in the correct spots now. should have done this right away, the computer is getting correct information and not making the drive sucky.

Good mod, was it tough to find a 44t speedo gear?

Bet you like the driveability of the 4.88 gears.

I took the Jeep to Tacoma Speedometer, and they had the gear on the shelf. In and out in 20 minutes. I wish all service was that fast.

The driveability is great, it was a dog getting it to the shop and a dream coming home. 60mph at 3200rpm smooth shifting, should have done it much sooner

Now that I have a correct baseline, I can start doing mods. Going to start with a new exhaust since it is hosed. Then go for the 62mm TB and spacer, and cold air intake. Then will look at coil, cap, rotor, wires and still thinking about the pulstar plugs.

I sell 62mm TB's and spacers if you're interested, at a fraction of retail cost. Look to Performance Distributors for the ignition setup, then you can run plug gaps up to .065". I would avoid gimmick plugs and stick with Champions.

Just ordered a new intake manifold from a junkyard (excuse me "already utilized parts repository") I do not want to be without the vehicle until I am ready to do the job. Plan on ordering the TB and spacer from you, then my friend is going to machine the opening to the exact size. )He was thinking polishing the intake might help a little also.) also will be making sure that all the threaded fasteners are replaced in/on/to the intake and exhaust manifolds so the job will go smoothly. (already hit everything threaded with KROIL)

P.S. going to start with the intake side versus the exhaust side.

KRIOL....best stuff on earth........besides chunky peanut butter of coarse!!

Back