Gettin' a little closer.

NiteDog

After a few delays from other rush jobs I am now about a week behind. :( Was hoping to have this monster done on New Years Eve. Looks like if the 40 -50 degree weather holds out there won't be any more rush jobs and I'll have this done tomorrow. :roll:

Here is another preview.

mike

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

1999 Jeep Cherokee For Sale with Rubicon 4.5 lift

interesting fuel door and tail light set up. i like that bumper, whos it made by?

RE: Gettin

wow, that's going to be one nice lookin' Jeep!! I like what you've done with the taillights and fuel door as well.

RE: Gettin

Lookin good man. I'm diggin the silver on the bars, bezels, and vent. Looks good and adds flare without standing out too much. Are you giving the silver treatment to the bumpers as well?

The fuel filler door isn't my style, but it looks like you did a good job on it.....and you gotta appreciate that. Nice, really nice.

What rims and tires are you putting on it?

RE: Re: RE: Where has been Sully ?

Very nice rig, nice paint. The fuel door is a very nice touch.

currupt4130 said:
interesting fuel door and tail light set up. i like that bumper, whos it made by?

Fuel door is a mid 90's XJ. I actually started to put in a TJ fuel fill but opted for the XJ to be different. Bumper and tire carrier is Warn and they will remain black fo now.

Thanks for all the kind words guys, but as luck would have it I ran out of the bonding agent needed to prep the flairs and some other plastic parts. :oops: So Monday (tomorrow) we'll have to get over to the distributor to finish. :roll:

RE: Re: RE: Where has been Sully ?

SWEET! I am putting a TJ gas fill on my YJ, the XJ route is definatly way cooler!

Very nice Mike, looks like it is well worth the delays!

yes that looks very nice... are those tail lights flush with the paint? i saw a car at a show this year... when he built the car... he left the tail lights about 1/64 to 1/32" past the bare metal... so when he painted the car, it went flush with the lights, then clearcoated over the whole thing.. it was pretty nice

what are you doing for reverse lights? if at all

RE: Hurricane

What color blue is that? I likey! I'm looking for a dark blue or green for my 2A but still open. Did you paint it your self? Can you describe the prep and layers? Did you clear coat?

Snitty said:
yes that looks very nice... are those tail lights flush with the paint? i saw a car at a show this year... when he built the car... he left the tail lights about 1/64 to 1/32" past the bare metal... so when he painted the car, it went flush with the lights, then clearcoated over the whole thing.. it was pretty nice

what are you doing for reverse lights? if at all

Yep, they are flush. :D The lenses are let in from behind, then sanded just a little proud of the primer layer. Then taped off for the color coats then the whole thing is color sanded including lenses to keep them flush and last was the five coats of clear. Depending where you stand the lenses disapear into the paint, making them almost invisible. 8) The reverse lights are mounted on the tire carrier now as soon as I have pics I will update.

Rit said:
What color blue is that? I likey! I'm looking for a dark blue or green for my 2A but still open. Did you paint it your self? Can you describe the prep and layers? Did you clear coat?

The base color is GM Electron Blue Pearl. My buddy and I did it.

mike

RE: Re: RE: Hurricane

Sweet lookin' YJ!! Now ya gotta work on a front bumber/brush guard. I'll be posting pics of my new one in a few days (made for me for Christmas).

Very nice!!!!!! Now you just need some mud on that beautiful brandy new paint job! :wink:

i used to take my roll cage connector bars off but then i thought about it and realized, until i can get a full cage or through the floor botl in, i have no reason to take it off, its just not safe if you put ur rig up onto the rocks a lot and commonly have a wheel off the ground. i do love folding my windshield down though on mediocre trails

Back