Goodyear MT/R's

TwistedCU

SOLD

4 used Goodyear MT/R tires, size: 245x75x16 (31x9.50x16)

All have approximately half tread left, 2 slightly more than half and 2 with slightly less. I haven't measured the depth but when I post pics I will do so with the old standby "penny in the tread".

They have no damage to the sidewalls, no puctures/patches/plugs.

These are the identical tires that come on a stock Jeep Rubicon. They are a good medium for the daily driver/weekend warrior as they are great on the street and trail but not known to excel in deep mud (although they are better than any all-terrain I ever used). They have a 10 ply "durawall" puncture resistant sidewall so they are at home in the rocks.

Will fit a 16x7 or 16x8 wheel.

Prefer not to ship, but will do so if there are no local takers. I live in Southern York County, PA and work in Anne Arundel County, MD so I could meet anywhere near or between those two areas.

Will add pics soon.

Looking to get $175 o.b.o. for the set of 4 (they are $175 each new).

Last edited:

a stock xj wouldnt fit 31s would it....

jakbob said:
a stock xj wouldnt fit 31s would it....

Definately not on a 1997-newer, but I would think that even the '96 and earlier they would rub on and off road.

A 2" BB would clear them for the street...

jakbob said:
how bad would they rub??
On a stock XJ?
Kind of tough to say, but I wouldn't do it. I would get a cheap 2" budget lift first. Check eBay, they are dirt cheap. I'll be putting some lift items for sale here in about a month...

Do you have 16" wheels?

Sully said:
$175 for 4 MTR/s is a good deal someone buy these!
They're in really good shape. Definately have some good life left.

I usually offer stuff cheap here on Jeepz first when I have something to sell, but if no takers I'll put 'em on eBay. I'd expect them to go for more than $175 in an auction.

Small garage, tires in the way.

I should have pics up by Fri, but if someone wants to see them sooner I can snap a few before then...

yeah ill really want the tires even though i dont have 16" rims...im getting paid next week, and i live in glen burnie so im sure we can work something out...if you find some cheap 16" wheels let me know.....

jakbob said:
yeah ill really want the tires even though i dont have 16" rims...im getting paid next week, and i live in glen burnie so im sure we can work something out...if you find some cheap 16" wheels let me know.....
Unless you can buy a set of stock 16" XJ wheels cheap (unlikely), then a set of steel wheels like I have (Cragar 397 aka "Soft 8's") or something similar.

16x7 would be best. Even though those same tires come on a Jeep Rubicon on 16x8 wheels, Goodyear's specs call for a 16x7 as the widest.

What kind of wheels do you have now? I may be interested in them if they are alloys...

i have the stock xj rims (6 spoke steel) 15x6? but im bidding on a set of cragers (16x7) on ebay...may win...but definately getting the tires...

sweet im the new owner of a set of crager 397s w00t...then i'll buy the tires from you, but ill get back to you on that when i get my paycheck at 2pm on the 13th

I work in AA county (was on Furnace Brance Rd today ;) ).

Our shop is near BWI off of Dorsey Rd, and I usually leave there around 4:15 PM if you want to meet up near there. I work Mon through Thurs, off Fri Sat Sun.

Pick a day

NO WAY!!! im over here on old telegragh, by cancun cantina....

jakbob said:
NO WAY!!! im over here on old telegragh, by cancun cantina....

That's conveinient. Like I said, pick a day...

Sorry no pics yet, but you'll be able to see them in person and decide then.

If you want me to bring them to work with me just let me know when.

yeah as soon as i get my foster mom to cash my paycheck (i lost my liscence) i will buy them off ya...might be saturday, thats my day off, even if your not in md i wouldnt mind driving to Pa, never been there b4...

jakbob said:
yeah as soon as i get my foster mom to cash my paycheck (i lost my liscence) i will buy them off ya...might be saturday, thats my day off, even if your not in md i wouldnt mind driving to Pa, never been there b4...
Right now they are in Parkville, MD (Near Towson). I will be there all day on Saturday. Sent you a PM.

Back