got a ?

burton

i got an 83 cj7 with 31" procomp mt's on it. I want to upgrade to 33's and I want to know the cheapest way to go about this. And also I want to know the smallest lift I can put on my car too. thanks[addsig]

Shackles are the cheapest way to lift. We did 3" for $30. Don't know if you want to go that high, but its a thought.

-When your headlights start to shine over cars, you have achieved something...-[addsig]

well i want to be able to put 33's on without having to length brake lines and all that stuff. And I'v looked at shackles but I havent found any 3" ones, could you tell me where you got yours? thanks[addsig]

Better keep your 'car' on the 31s
image-missing.png
[addsig]

speaking of lifted cars... i saw a really rowdy VW bug that was lifted 9 inches with 33's on it, you could try that, but i wouldnt suggest it
image-missing.png
[addsig]

you just cant put on 33's and go....some things will need to be modified...

the 3 inch shackles that were spoken might be the actual length of the shackle,so it really is only a 1.5 lift
image-missing.png
[addsig]

you're going to need a minimum of 4" of total lift to clear 33's successfully, so you can either go with 1.5" shackle, and a 2.5" suspension, or the shackles and some body lift, but be careful with body lifts, they can cause alot more damage if you get into any kind of accident, and make your shift levers lower[addsig]

NOPE!!! HAHA!!! actually... the 3" shackles that were mentioned ACUALLY added a 3 inch lift... its funny... but it worked... and it worked well[addsig]

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>NOPE!!! HAHA!!! actually... the 3" shackles that were mentioned ACUALLY added a 3 inch lift... its funny... but it worked... and it worked well</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Well then those are some long shackles.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Longer shackles are almost worthless without longer shocks. W/O them it reduces lift and seriously kills the ride quality. But if you really care about the ride, get a Cherokee. Ha!!

Seriously, the longer shocks will reduce strain on parts while wheeln'

[addsig]

The shackles we bought were just basic shackles from an autoparts store, 'Parts America ' to be specific. The stock shocks work, but they will be almost out of travel. This will hurt your axle drop, but this will also prevent your brakelines from being streched as well. My shocks were toast at the time, so I really didn't care too much. The longer shocks I bought at Autozone for less than $20 a piece and were for a full-size truck so they should last pretty long. But to get longer shocks in the front you have two options- make some different shock mounts OR buy longer spindle shocks that cost a lot more. It all depends on what you want to do. But with the shackles I used it will feel like the Jeep is on 'stilts' but if you quick, cheap, easy lift, then shackles are the way to go.

-A Jeep was made for 'moddin' and 'muddin', not 'blingin'...-[addsig]

Back