Got my spring spacers!

JohnnyZ

Hi folks!

Well, I posted about cheapie lift kits a week ago and got a lot of good response, and so I went out on Ebay and purchased this set (sorry, if I won out over anyone here on Jeepz.com) :wink: I am getting these so my 31x10.5s will clear the bodywork.

Here they are:
image-missing.png

They are listed as 1" spring spacers. no instructions, brand new, polyurethane.

What exactly have I bought, and are they easy to install. I admit I come from a sports car background, so this is very much against my natural instincts (we lower our cars for better handling, not raise them!). It sounds like I essentially remove my springs, shove the spacers in and remount the springs again. Is there a writeup anywhere?

I gotta go
John

There is a plethora of writeups about this stuff. Try coil spacer how to, or coil spacer install.

Basically what you said is what needs to be done. Pull the spring (pay attention to Top and bottom on the rear) Jam the spacer over the Bumpstop then jam the Spring back in. YOu WILL have to disconnect the Shocks (Top on the Front Bottom on the rear) and possibly the sway bar links on the front (don't think so but you might)

Pay attention to a little grove on the front springs. you will have to turn the spring until it fits into a little groove in the spring tray. but it is all very simple.

yes, very very simple.... they are basically just an addition to the stock spring isolator, which you should be leaving in there as well

I made it through Isabel but not without getting stuck!

Thanks guys! This place is awesome!

If you're going through all the trouble and time of removing all 4 springs, get rid of those 1" spacers and get some 2" spacers. You won't hardly notice 1" difference over stock, you'll notice 2. You won't have to change anything else, but get longer shocks if you plan to 'wheel.

Remember as well once you cange your lift you should run down and get your front re-alighned. Even with an 1" lift you will be changing your Toe-in-angle. Since you putting new meats on you might want to spend 40-60$ to insure you care for them

Back