Has anyone installed the 2100 Motorcraft from the guy in Calif?

Postofficemike

I finally purchased a rebuilt 2100 Motorcraft from the guy in California on E-Bay? It has all the detailed instructions on how to do it and it is simple for me until I get to the types of vacuum. Has anyone out there purchased and installed this setup? Am I panicking for no reason? Great site and lots of great people that respond to all of the questions. So glad I found it. Mike. I have a 1989 Wrangler YJ. Love it. Hate the carter carb.:bootyshake:

Depending on how much work you want to put into it, you could do it cheaper yourself by getting one out of a junkyard, or even going to your local napareillyzone and getting a reman one. There is a TON of info out there on the MC swap and with the ebay guy you're really paying for the info/ support that is out there for free on the net.

I am answering my own letter. I finally got a friend of my son's that is good at this sort of thing and I watched him put the carb on today. It was as I thought and a little more confusing for the novice mechanic like myself, but when it was on and done it was amazing at how much better it ran and with hardly any adjustments. I couldn't believe at the pile of vacuum hoses that this setup got rid of, but it was as the guy said and I would recommend it to anyone that has the Carter carb that is not working properly. The instructions are very detailed an if you do as he says, NO problems. :p:p:p

Back