have some electrical questions 97 sport

cornbinder

new here. i have a 97 sport country and i'm having some electrical bugs. are these common problems i'm having?
1. power windows only work from master switch on drivers door
once in a while they will work from the other switches but hardly ever
2. rear wiiper motor keeps quitting working.
i installed a new switch and made a new separate wiring harness and it still quits
3. check guages light keeps coming on. oil pressure gauge goes to 0 it comes on. short in cluster or oil sending unit?
i figured there would be some guru's on here that know these things inside and a little insight. any help would be appreciated. thanks, pete

Issue #1; I would start troubleshooting the wiring from the master switch that goes to the other switches.
Issue#2 ; It's more likely that the motor is at fault rather than the switch. The motor brushes might be worn out and the park switch sense may also cause the motor to fail.
Issue#3; When the check gauges lamp turns on and the Oil gauge is the only one in question on the cluster, then i would isolate the problem on the oil pressure sending unit by grounding the sense wire and see if the gauge pegs up to full. If it does, the wiring is good but you either need to verify the actual oil pressure with a mechanical gauge or just replace the sending unit and take a chance. If the engine does not knock when the gauge shows Zero, then it's most likely to be the sending unit.

Back