Heat question

I dont think it is normal.Check your exhaust to make sure it is not up against the body.

I have had several 94 YJs and they all got hot at the floor boards from the exhaust system. Mine seemed to get hot closer to the passenger seat side of the hump between the seats where the catalytic converter lived. (We all know cats put out a lot of heat) The floor would get to the point it would be too hot to hold your hand on the floor; wonderful in the winter but a bit of a bummer in the summer. I would be concerned if it is getting that hot at the cargo area with the gas tank back there. Maybe someone relocated the converter trying to beat the heat up front? I think I would check that out before something blows.

ya it will get warm, that's why the carpet is still in mine... lol ya it can warm ya up in the winter... i've put my hands under the rug a few times...

You could try some heat shielding up above the cat. That stuff usually works.

The cat was removed before I got it. The exhaust clears everything by about 3". I am thinking about a complete new exhaust since it is swiss cheese up by the firewall. Just wondering how big to go, if it will give me more power.

I was wrong the CAT is still there. (boy that thing is small) The cat is cool but the muffler is very hot. The muffler shop said that most likely there is something wrong with the muffler.

Since the exhaust system has been chopped and welded so many times I think I will replace the whole thing. been looking at Headers, most have 1.5" tubes going to a 2.5" collector. The muffler shop said that with a 2.5L engine the largest pipe I should go with is 2.25". Will it make a difference with the collector being 2.5" then going to a 2.25" exhaust pipe?

Back