Help please.

greenie

Sorry to interrupt trend but I had a question I have a 98 2.5 wrangler with stock tires and gears was wanting to put 32x11.5x15 on it but don't want to hurt mph or power would 456gears help or hurt my mph

The deeper gears (4.56-4.88) will put the Jeep back in it's correct powerband. That will maintain your mph.

Sorry to interrupt trend but I had a question I have a 98 2.5 wrangler with stock tires and gears was wanting to put 32x11.5x15 on it but don't want to hurt mph or power would 456gears help or hurt my mph
4.56 might be ok if you have an automatic transmission, go with 4.88 if you have the manual transmission.

I'm afraid the 488 will be to hard on my rpm and mph driving 80 miles one way to work I was hoping 456 would be
good with 32x11.5 but I don't have to go bigger I can stay stock
I have another jeep lifted this one is my work jeep just wanted a better stance
But don't want to lose mph.

Thanks everyone for your help just still not sure I want to go 800 in the hole and
chance losing mph for just 2 or 3 miles to the gal as much as I drive could cost me 100 or so a month

4.88 will put your engine back in the proper power range with 32" tires and a manual transmission. The 2.5L likes high rev's and you'll be just fine with that combination. Going from stock 4.10 to 4.56 isn't enough of a change to justify the cost and trouble.

I run 5.38 with my 2.5L 5spd and the engine is very happy pushing the 35" tires.

Agree with bounty completely, the gearing will put your engines rpms where they need to be to maintain proper power levels, actually it will probably be better powered than stock.

Back