honest opinion

yjmudder90

i am thinking about getting tube fenders for my 90 yj. what do you guys think about them?? are they retarded or should i spend the money on them?? should i just remove my flairs for the extra room or should i go with the tubes? if anyone has an opinion with pics it would help greatly, thanks in advance

Do you wheel much? The tubes are cool and kinda help protect, but they probalby cost a bunch too don't they? It's really your call though.

yeah i wheel quite a bit even though i am still so close to being stock. I have only had the jeep for about 2 weeks so i haven't had much time to turn wrenches on her yet, plus i have a cold and its about 40 degrees here in TN.
thanks for your opinion though.

I like the look of tubes on the right rig. But go for a lift/tires or axle swap first. If you need room, go with TJ flares. They make the YJ look SOOOO much better, and really do give you room. Plus they are cheap.

yeah but i dont really want to get the tj flairs. it seems like everyone has them and I like my jeep to stand out (its kinda my thing). thats why i have it wrapped in realtree camo vinyl. thanks for your opinion though

Tube fenders look sweet sitting over 4"+ of lift and some aggressive tires, but on a relatively stock Jeep... it probably wouldn't look too bad, but there are so many better ways to spend that money on a YJ.

If you could make them yourself then I would say go for it, and then post pics. I wouldn't buy a set of them at this point though.

i already have my wheels and tires and my lift is on the way so it will be here within a few days. if i do decide to make them i will post pics.

I would do an axle swap, lockers, SYE, and power upgrades before going to the tube fenders. Also, what kind of wheeling do you do? Rocks? Mud?

Felipe

Back