Hood Misaligned.

CherokeeGuy42

Death Wobble?

I just got my XJ out of the body shop. They fixed the front and driverside from where I hit a tree. Now the front driverside of the hood is sticking out about a hood's width. Any ideas of how to get it flush with my fender and headerpanel?

RE: Death Wobble?

Take it back and make them do it right. The steering and suspension should also be covered under insurance, insist that it be repaired also.

RE: Tires

I didn't do the repair on insurance. It was just a little tree and got a estimate for 1200 so there was no point to make my insurance rate go up when I could fix it. I'm going to check the driverside fender alignment vs the passenger and see if they look the same. Cause I dont see how the driverside would sit lower than the passenger when i just got both fenders and header panel replaced on there.

RE: Death Wobble?

I'd do what Bounty said. If you payed them to do they work, they need to do it right/correct.

Hoods can be a pain to get perfect...but they should have done it.

RE: New Jersey State Inspection

Well it looks like the hood is pretty straight, but it is just sticking out some. Would that mean the problem is the driverside of the header panel and fender are sitting too low, or can you adjust the hood to sit higher or lower?

Try screwing in the rubber bumper that the front of the hood rests on when closed. There is usually one on each side. If that doesn't work, go start yelling at the repair shop and make them fix it. Just don't loosen any bolts and try to move it yourself.....they might say you're the one who screwed it up.

not sure about jeeps, but my HONDA (dont yell) had 4 bolts on each fender along the hood-line on each side... just loosening those bolts and pulling out on the fender (helps with 2 ppl) and tightening it down again fixed my problem in about 5 minutes.

holy hell. Been a while

I would make a bet that it is the rubber hood stops. the spring tension might need to be adjusted as well?

Back