How bad is my Jumpin Jeep?

Shane

i love to launch the little guy off anything dirt, sail through the air and land nice`n`sturdy on the ground. As far as actual damage, what should i be looking out for or buying to keep me in the air? Thanks![addsig]

heh... how much air are we talking about here? look to stronger axles and suspension if you have problems...[addsig]

Hey shane why don't you buy a banshee or a dirt bike if you want some real air. You could pull them behind your rock'n jeep. :lol: [addsig]

Heh, i've had the dirtbike, i guess the next step would be a dune buggy of sorts? ;-) I have a 4" lift on it as of, and when jumping (maybe a few feet in the air, dont think i've gotten more than 2.5-3ish. My buddy was waiting outside, and told me i wasn't near bottoming out... so i guess that's a good sign? I'm soon to upgrade my stock 3.07 diff to a 4.11, should i look for a whole axel setup instead? or will i be fine? I'm sure more than half of you have been through all that before, about how much will i be spending for new diffs, let a lone diffs and axels? thanks again [addsig]

a ford 9" around here runs about $100, same as the matching front end[addsig]

I've got all stock yj 4 cyl suspension with 31s and i love to fly over railroad tracks. I only get about 6-8 inches of air. Will this eventualy come back to bite me in the ass?

James[addsig]

if you are jumping any sort of vehicle you want look at what takes the pounding when you land... i would look at a stronger axle set up, hubs, and knuckles... ( horse collar and a helmet might be wise too.. but i'm not your momma)also stronger motor and trany mounts.. you shear those off your gona have problems.. jumping a jeep off dirt mounds is a whole lot different then jumping off rail road crossings.. the problem your gona find with rail road crossings is your dash and console will squeak non stop.... just my $0.02 [addsig]

Back