How much is your insurance?

97 tj this a 3rd vehicle on my insurance when i added it my monthly bill raised by 30 dollars.

$35 a month as a pleasure vehicle for a 1978 CJ5 but I also have four other rigs on the policy. A lot depends upon your age as younger CJ/Wrangler drivers get thumped pretty hard, $200 a month is not unusual if you are under 25 with a clean driving record. The primary reason for this is that too many (now don't flame me as I know it is the few who ruin it for the rest) go out into the woods/hills at night, drink beer, tear up or total their rigs and/or others rigs and claim it on insurance.

i have a 6cyl auto 99TJ. full coverage is 35 a month. really matters on your age though. i am 29 and married. for a male the insurance has huge drops at 25 and 30 and also if your married or single. a single 18 year old male has the highest insurance of anybody! barring wrecks and speeding tickets.

I don't know how much i pay for my jeep insurance but every month i give them $330.00. That is for 1 Jeep 4wd, 1 Chrysler T&C, 1 conv. sports car , 1 pickup truck 2wd , 2 motorcycles , 2 life insurance and homeowners insurance.

you guys are gonna hate me.
when i added my 63 cj5 to my policy.
just liability
$40 a year.
i am 46 with a spotless record.

you guys are gonna hate me.
when i added my 63 cj5 to my policy.
just liability
$40 a year.
i am 46 with a spotless record.

With it being that cheap, you might consider throwing comprehensive coverage on it. Theft, fire, and loss always seems to happen when you have something you really like.

I am not far behind you...39 no accidents since 1988....Farm Bureau said that once a vehicle gets so old premiums level out...and Jeeps cost more because bone head getting drunk running into a tree in the woods and turning it in to them...

Well my past my not be the best,but no incident in the last 10 years.Being married and over 25 does help a lot.Also only carrying basic insurance mine would not be covered if I damaged it on the trail and tried to turn it in any way.Before 10 years ago I was one of those dumb kids with a heavy foot..Hence the reason I now own a Jeep and not a TA any more.

I pay 72.00 a month for full coverage on my Jeep and S-10 and I carry liability on my 78 C-10...

I pay about $24 a month for liability on my 80 CJ5... and about $60 a month for full coverage on my 04 Duramax. It would've been less but wifey got slammed twice for speeding in two consecutive years. :roll:

There are really too many factors to consider to be comparing drivers like this. The factors include, but aren't limited to, policy limits, number of other insured vehicles, claim history, credit history, age, marital status, driving record, type of insurance, where you live, number of miles driven in the vehicle, ratio of insured vehicles to eligible drivers in the household, other policies held with the same insurer, history with that insurer, etc.

If you feel that you might not be getting a good deal, shop around your specific situation with various insurers, and compare apples to apples. Be sure that they're quoting you the exact same coverage (e.g., same limits, same type of coverage, same deductible in the case of comprehensive and collision, and same UM/UIM selection). You can always ask your current carrier to beat a quote from another company. Note--the "cut rate" companies often aren't. They either simply call themselves that, or only write policies for minimum limits (don't get me started on that--adequately insure yourself), or do things like quote you without UM/UIM coverage (again, don't fall for it).

Back