howdy from corpus christi, texas

superj

not new to jeeps or forums, just this particular one. i like how you guys have a mobile web page for us people who like to get on while we are bored standing in line or waiting for food. that is how i found the site, actually.

anyways, my name i jason and i have a problem....wait a second, wrong group. ;)

i have an 87 cherokee and an 02 liberty. the liberty is the wife's and it currently is in need of another motor. not impressed by the new v6 in the jeeps so i bought the cherokee for me so the wife can do whatever with the liberty when i get a motor put in it for her.

anyways, stats:
2002 liberty
3.7l v6
auto transmission
sport model
4x4
heavy duty front brushguard
2.5" lift
v-max tires, 255/75/16
motor kicked the bucket at 111k miles

87 cherokee
4.0 i6
auto transmission
base model
4x4
totally stock

i am so happy to have found this cherokee. got it from an old rancher for 2k bucks and its only got 137k miles on it. everything works, including the ac. unfortunately it came with brand new tires that are not AT or anything like that so it will be a bit till i get new tires. i will get a 3" lift here real quickly though and probably paint it olive drab green with that roll on paint. either that or desert sand with the roll on paint

Hi SuperJ!

I have an 88 Cherokee that sounds a lot like your 87 - 4X4, auto, 4.0 I6. I'm curious, what was the cause of the Liberty's motor going bad? Did it give any signs or anything?

See you around the forums :)

Hi SuperJ!

I have an 88 Cherokee that sounds a lot like your 87 - 4X4, auto, 4.0 I6. I'm curious, what was the cause of the Liberty's motor going bad? Did it give any signs or anything?

See you around the forums :)

radiator broke on the highway and gauge never got the message from the temp sensor. by the time we found out if was knocking like crazy and locked up on us in hondo, about 3.5 hours away. 500 dollar tow later and it was home. now it awaits anew motor with a buddy who worked at jeep here in town till they got rid of their service center and moved all repairs to hte dodge place.

and thanks everyone, i like this site, its easy on the eyes and easy to navigate.

probably a junkyard one with a one year warranty. after a year its going up for sale and the wife wants a wrangler instead. she said since we have the cherokee there is no point in having two wagon style suv. might as well get a wrangler like she has wanted for years.

I had a liberty before I traded it in for my Rubicon and it's radiator was just messing up as I got rid or it. It had a slow leak on the lower pass side, and I treated it like it was a wrangler and tore the transmission up pretty good, ha! Anyways I decided to get rid of it after finding my Ruby for a good deal and soooooo glad that I have her now.
Good luck with your hunting.

Back