Hw much lift is needed for 33's

firemed159

I have decided to put 33's on my 08 Wrangler unlimited. Do I need a lift kit to clear the tires or can I just use a leveling kit. I will eventually be going with bigger tires and know I will need a lift then but not sure when I will be able to accomplish it. Any help is apprecieated.

Yes, you will need a lift. Im not real familar with the wheel openings on a 08 wrangler so im not sure how much lift you will need, probably 3-4". They also have budget lifts for the coil sprung TJ,s which is a spacer added to the top of the coil spring that may give you enough room. Others that know more about exactly what you will need will chime in shortly im sure.

For 33" on a JK You can get away with wheel spacers with the stock rims with a bit of rub on full flex. Or 1"or 2" coil spacers with out rubbing but you will need wheel spacers with stock rims.

There was an episode of extreme 4x4 with no lift they 40's on a JK.Changed the rear fender flares,Changed the front fender flares,wheel spacers or new rims.

Thanks MrSig, Do you know how much wheel spacing I will need. I have a line on some spacers that have 1 1/2 inch backspacing, is that enough. Sorry to be a pain but this is my first jeep and not to knowledgable about it yet. I do have years of wheeling behind me but it is with fullsize trucks and back in Florida (so not to many mountain like here in Colorado). Thanks for your help.

Back