I think I'm gonna cry - HELP

JeepGirl9248

You know how when you first get a new top and you want to keep it realllllly nice?! Well I got a top for Christmas 2 years ago (so the warranty is over) but I didn't put it on until last fall because I was somewhat attached to my old top.... haha, I'm a dork! Anyway, today the snap broke off the elastic band that holds up the rolled up back window!!!! :cry:

Anybody know how to fix this?! Bestop doesn't make just replacement pieces, I already called. And, they gave me the number of a company (BD Co.) that manufactures most of the tops and they just sell the material, snap not included! Any suggestions?

you should be able to buy those snaps at a fabric store. i got some for mine at a place called joann fabric.

jeep90 said:
you should be able to buy those snaps at a fabric store. i got some for mine at a place called joann fabric.

Yuppers....what jeep90 said. Any fabric or hobby store has them. I just bought a dozen or so at Wallyworld for about $1.98. I'm putting extra snaps on those straps to keep them up off the window while I'm driving with the window down so as not to scratch it like my old top did. Fairly easy to install. I can't remember what I used them on before, but I had two kinds (a loooong time ago in high school). One kind pressed together with a special tool, the other kind snapped together with a pair of pliers. Haven't bothered to look to see how the ones I just bought go on.....can't be too hard, or they wouldn't have sold them to a dummy like me, right? :lol:

Back