Illinois Jeeperz, also MO, KY, IN.

Bounty__Hunter

Super Moderator

Let's hear from all the Illinois Jeepers out there, where ya from and where do you like to wheel?

I'm from near Waterloo, IL, and we're lucky enough to have access to some local gated private property to wheel on. We've built some pretty intense trails, was down running them today. The property is restricted to our jeep club members.

We also wheel the National Forests in Missouri and Southern Illinois, along with Turkey Bay (LBL, KY), and the Badlands (Attica, IN). :-D [addsig]

I live in Chicago near Midway Airport. I have not found any trails aorund here though. I would maybe like to get out to the Indiana Badlands one day. If anyone else is from my area and knows someplace to hit the dirt, let me know! [addsig]

Looks like it's only you and me in Illinois Bounty-Hunter! IT'S ALL OURS!!! :lol: [addsig]

Hi. I'm in Schaumburg and I have yet to find a legal offroading place. I'll hit the Badlands with you this summer! -Mike :-D [addsig]

That would be cool! I have NEVER been off-road though!!! Wait a minute!!!. I did jump the curb once and my right front tire did touch my lawn!!! Does that count? :lol: [addsig]

Wait a minute Jeeper84... you said "legal" off-roading. Are there non-legal places to go? :-D

edited by: Jeep#3, Apr 03, 2003 - 12:15 AM[addsig]

Sorry for taking so long. I'm from the good ol state of Illinois. I live in a little town at the intersection of Interstate 80 and Interstate 55. It's called Minooka. I would say that I am on the border of being in the middle of nowhere. As far as off-roading around here. There is pleanty of illegal wheelin. Just turn off of any road and you will hit a farm field. I'm lucky enough to have a friend with a small lot that he allows us to mess around on. I've also found a place out here that is sort of abandoned and no one knows who owns it. But it has some decent trails that circle a pond. Other then that There's nothing around here. Every place that I used to go has been turned into a forest preserve and is extremely illegal. And they bust people all the time on them. If I want to do some wheelin nowadays I usually go down south to SIU and hit Shawnee national forrest. There is like a endless amount of trails down there. But the scary thing is that most trails are some guys driveway.

pinaplebob[addsig]

I can tell you where there are a LOT of good jeep trails in the Shawnee, BUT you must get the proper quadrangle maps from the Forest Service and stay on marked and/or numbered FS roads and Tread Lightly :-D

I've done a lot of exploring down there over the years, and have led our club on several successful runs down there. It takes a while to find the good long trails that aren't dead ends.

Our club will be at the Badlands, Attica, IN, on May 17th and 18th, if anybody wants to come down and run. You're all welcome, I can set you up with the trail guides so they are expecting you, if I don't make it. Great bunch of jeepers, guaranteed great time.[addsig]

Where are the Indiana Badlands, anyway? I really want to find somewhere cool to go this weekend, and would like to stay in state.
Noli[addsig]

where's turkey bay? cuz i live in ky :evil: [addsig]

It's the ORV park in LBL (Land Between the Lakes). Look for Aurora, KY, and it's a little southeast, across the lake. Awesome park, especially if you like mud, water, and hills :-O [addsig]

Back