Intake/Exhaust Manifolds on a 4.0!!!

KletusJeeps

:evil:
OK I have that 2002 4.0L 6I that I put a 258 Intake on and it works great but I have used 3 different exhaust and none of them are working.

1) First exhaust was the dual headers from the original 2002 engine. Intake would not bolt in because it hit the exhaust in the middle of intake

2) 1995 exhaust manifold for a 4.0L ..... same thing happens exhaust comes out too far away from the head and when you go to put the intake on it hits in the middle of the intake plus this one doesn't line up the ports.

3) Just got a 1990 Exhaust manifold for a 4.2 (258) seeing as how that is what the intake is from I figure this will work...but we will see.

Anyone know of any ideas?
Do you know of an exhaust manifold or header that doesn't come away from the head too much but rahter goes directly into the exhaust?

Thanks for all your help,

KLETUS

Carb Problems

That is interesting you still having that problem. I really don't know but I can give you a couple more Ideas. First I would try to call or email Clifford to see if they make a header that will clear your intake. It might be because you have dual outlet header that is didn't fit. I don't know I just know I have read alot about the swap and everyone just said you needed a header for the year engine you had. I have a headman header on mine and it is pretty tight to the block but they are only single outlet. SO you might just want to contact of few companies and see if they will give you some measurements.

Well I need an intake manifold that will accept a 2bbl carb. I didn't think there was a 4.0 that ever had a carb on it.... am I wrong on that?

oh ok... i was thinking maybe you had that goin on

Back