Is sky Jacker a good lift.

shutterman400ex

Is sky Jacker a good lift? Cause that was what i was wanting, but i dont hear anybody talking good about them? They say its a rough ride but i dont know.

What are some good lifts.

Skyjacker leaf springs had a bad reputation back in the day for sagging quickly and they would not warranty the springs. I don't know if they have corrected this issue or not. I know they sagged a lot when I put their 4" springs on my '88 yj.

I've never heard of Skyjacker riding stiff, as they ride quite well when using their hydro shocks. You'll get a little more of a harsh ride using their Nitro shocks or gas-charged shocks of another brand.

Check out www.rubiconexpress.com or www.rustysoffroad.com if you want a good leaf spring lift from reputable companies that stand behind their product.

what are the nitros better for? Does your springs sag?
:bounty hunter said: Skyjacker leaf springs had a bad reputation back in the day for sagging quickly and they would not warranty the springs

have they fixed that problem

Nitro's (also known as Nitrogen or gas-charged) are better suited to hitting bumps at speed, like baja type conditions. Not conditions most jeepers see when crawling offroad. The nitro's ride very harsh. I've got a set of Nitro's on now (they were free and the correct length) so I can compare them to the hydro's I've had in the past.

I've had my lift on for about 6 months and have been through some pretty heavy trail riding and have no noticeable sag. I beleive that Nitro shocks will prevent shock fade during rides where the shocks move quickly up and down(for lack of better wording).

Back