Jeep Tj Trick

WTF?!?!?!?! i dont know how it could be true - my buddie has 31" on hers and they rub.... is the trick to not turn? and only drive straight?? or is the trick to purchase a lift kit first?

Re: RE: Question about upper hard doors for half doors.

31 or 33 and 10.5 maybe won't rub but 12.5? I can't see how not. I don't have time to look yet but I'll check the link laterz.

Very funny ants, drive straight....yea that's the trick! lol

Lady

I don't see how either. I have 31X 10.50 on my 02 and they don't rub. I don't have a lift on mine. The backspacing on my rims is different though.

RE: Re: RE: Question about upper hard doors for half doors.

I think the only "trick" is getting you to pay him money. I am curious as to what it is though.

well yes, I think. If you turn to page 46 in the march 05 issue of JP magazine, and there is a article on how to fit 35" tires on a tj with out lifting. yes thats right, stock height.

They only addressed the front, and they did it successfully.

The mods they enlist though would cost more than a lift kit.

to fit 33's with out rub, I would install a 2" budget lift. that should allow for fitment of 33's with very minimal rub at full stuff, and posibly at full lock, but that depends if your using stock wheels or aftermarket.

31's should fit on a tj with out rub except at full stuff.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Question about upper hard doors for half doo

ADJUST THE TURN STOPS! I had 33"x12.5" on my '01 with no lift. All you do is adjust the little screw on the bottom of the steering knuckle and voila'! No more rubbing in sharp turns. Actuall, it's no more sharp turns too, but how many of those do you want to do in a SWB.

RE: Computer Problems

This trick was free, told to him for free, yet he wants $20 from you for him to tell you...

BAD JEEPER!

It's a gimmick. It's probably just adjusting the steering stops or something. Look at his jeep... first off camber incident and he'd be tearing off flares. It's stupid.
3e_1_bJPG-4.jpg

RE: Computer Problems

He's probably doing the same old "trick" that poor mudders have been doing for years. Lowered bumpstops and adjusted steering stops. It sucks.....but I guess it beats riding around in the mud on factory doughnuts. You still have a couple of inches of compression and plenty of droop, so it's not that bad.

I might be totally wrong about his trick, but that is one way to do it.

I've seen a stock TJ on 33"x12.5", guy even had enough **** to take it offroad. He rubbed the flares bad, even with the swaybars connected. Didn't seem to have many issues onroad. It looked pretty bad.

I think Junkpile's right about both the bumpstops and steering stops. Those are the only two things I can think of, besides the wheels.

Re: RE: Four Wheeler TV SHOW

Thank you all for your input. As far as these spacer block suspension lift. Does anyone have one installed. How much of a pain to install and how does it ride? I thought that it sounds wierd.

Re: RE: Re: RE: 2006 FJ - It

Well this guy is selling the infamous 97 jeep with the 33's on it!
Vehicle Description

1997 Jeep Wrangler SE 33” Mud Tires!!!! No lift kit! Stock height jeep with 33” tires! Looks great and no headaches!

{Lift kits are nothing but a huge pain in the neck, unless you are a professional mechanic and have the time, money and patience to deal with all the issues associated with lifting a short wheel base truck. Believe me, I know how much of a pain a lifted wrangler is. I had a 1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport with 35 inch tires, a rubicon express long arm lift kit, a shortened transfer case, a c-v driveshaft, arb air lockers front and rear 4.88 gears, a warn 12000 winch and a $5000 stereo system in it, and I sold it to buy a stock jeep. The lift kit was a huge pain all the time. You are much better off with a stock jeep and oversize tires. Believe me (I learned the hard way!)}

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6285&item=4526697356&rd=1

this guy is a joke!

Well, I spotted his problem right off....it was that $5000 stereo system. It's not compatible with a long arm lift! :lol:

Back