Jersey trails?

Joopin

Super Moderator

Are there any off roading trails in NJ? I live on the shore in central jersey, Asbury Park area. I know there is a place down south called the pine barrons but I havnt made it down there yet. Is there anywhere besides the Pine Barrons? I do plan on going down there this summer eventually. Any info about the Barrons or another place in Jersey would be great![addsig]

Hey Joop :)...I'm not sure what your lookin' for, but I'm down in Manahawkin almost every weekend, doin the Pine Barrin thing. I've heard of the place your talkin about, and have been told it's a nice roundy round for quads and bikes (strictly hearsay, haven't been there myself). IM, email me or post here (IM is probably the best), and we'll hit the trails someday soon (I want to get Dingus hitting the trails back there to).

Here's a pic from a spot we go to, but there are to many to list.

image-missing.png

Rob :p :cool: :) [addsig]

man..What part of jersey ya in? I was talking with another NJ person about trails..says in ringwood theres a trail. I went on the hunt for it one day..but ended up in some small crappy train in mahwah. Hey..anytime ya'll go down to the barrens lemme know. I'm always game..granny got a house there I could steal and get free food.
-Evan[addsig]

PASmokeater, Manahawkin is maybe 45 min to an hour south of me, I was down there 2 years ago, not for wheelin though, just a party weekend so I don't remember exactly. I am located right near Asbury Park, Central Jersey, or should I say Exit 100B. I'm definatly up for some offroading, I got the 4x4 bug after this past weekend. My buddy is movin down here soon and he runs a Toyota SR-5 thats really fun to watch in the mud.
Oh PAS.. where are those pics taken? Jersey? PA? where are you located?
LGR, what about you, where in jersey?[addsig]

Hey guys Im not far from Jersey. Im in the north eastern part of MD right near DE. So Jersey is just a short ride. If you guys hit the trails in Jersey sometime I'd like to join ya.[addsig]

Joop,..most of the pics were taken right outside of manahawkin, in the Pine Barrins. The ones of me in the snow, and anything with sand lol. AS I said, I'm down there alot (about an hour from me as well) and anytime you (or anyone) wants to go, just give me a yell. I have a friend who lives down there, and I'm sure if I asked nice, he'd take us through some spots (he has GPS lol).

There is a trail in Ringwood. You have to go into the Ringwood state park off of Skyline Drive. I've been there a couple of times but it is not that good. It is the only place in North Jersey I'm aware of besides driving on peoples lawns.HA HA. :lol: Oh Yeah you can go to Island Beach state park, it is just south of Seaside Park/Hgts and drive on the beach.

edited by: jay89, May 09, 2003 - 07:37 AM[addsig]

Hey guys I am from south Jersey.. There are a few places to hit.. Batso is one place, it is located outside of Hammonton around sweetwater. I have seem some trucks come out of there way mudded up. There also another place around Port Norris called the 100' hill. I used to ride dirst bikes there years ago. Large pits and stuff, but the cops have been giving people a hard time lately. I have been dying to try Batso some day, from what I hear there are tons of trails.[addsig]

Well we will all have to set a date this summer to go to the Pine Barrons or Batso, I got a buddy comin down to wheel this summer. So we will be itchin for some mud soon.[addsig]

Anyone you know???? that looks like a BIG WHOOPS... I noticed the samuri in the background.. I wonder how that thing rides and handles...[addsig]

Hey fellas,
I'm from the philly area. Just bought my first jeep last week (98 TJ). I am dieing to break it in and get it all muddy. The Barrons are about an hour or so from me.

Someone should set this up. We'll maybe get a whole convoy to go!!! :evil: [addsig]

Hey Dick...where from ? I'm about 40 minutes North of Philly. Anywhere close ?

I'm from Delaware County in PA. It's down by Philly Airport. I definatley wanna check out the Pine Barrons. I've heard some cool things.

I just bought my first jeep last Wednesday and had off road on Monday. It was pretty intense stuff. I loved it.......Cant wait for more!!!!

I'm off on Mondays and Wednesdays, but can try to get off other days. My buddy also has a jeep but hes got a DUI startin next week. I'm sure he'll at least come with though.
When do you wanna make this happen?
[addsig]

Pine Barrens aint that where Paulie and the young guy Chris got lost trying to bury the russian mobster who was not so dead after all on the Sapranos! My favorite episode! hehehehehe love it! tug

edited by: Tug-n-pull, May 28, 2003 - 05:54 PM[addsig]

Why yes Tug it is lol
I'm going down this weekend to scout some trails (the cops have been giving us a hard time on the usual ones, but there is an over-abundance of trails there). We go on the weekends, and most weekends are a go. If not, we go to Paragon. Let me know if your availble, we are going out this Sunday, and your more than welcome to check it out with us.

Went to the Pine barrons for the first time..
GOOD SHI........UMM.........STUFF!!!!!
Here's the good, the bad, and the muddy...
6/11/03

Click the following link: Page title:pine Barron Trip 6/11/03edited by: dick_wilderness, Jun 12, 2003 - 02:33 AM

Gotta Check His Link...
Outstanding, First run, think ya said.
Proud that your out there..
What was the aftermath/cleanup/repair>???
[addsig]

The damage is still being assessed.....

Luckily we had a mechanic on hand
see him im action here.He's the one with the cowboy hat on.

He dried the plugs and distributor, and luckily we had another air filter.
When she started back up she spewed a couple gallons of water out of the muffler. The battery and alternator were low on juice on the way out and for the hour ride home. She made it though.....The transmission is acting a little funny. He has to change oil and transmission fluids tommorow and then we'll see runs.

Truly amazing how this machine took that beating and that water, shook it off and still made an hour ride home. JEEPS!!!!!!!!!!

more pics
click here

edited by: dick_wilderness, Jun 13, 2003 - 01:23 AM[addsig]

Back