Just got a jet ski!

beachjeep

Anyone else have a Jet Ski? I just picked up a 95 Sea Doo SPi for cheap, it only needs a starter and we are rebuilding the factory one. Should have it in the water in a week or so to try it out. I have been wanting one for quite a while and are building a house in a water access community (has a ramp to the intercoatal). Just though I would share.

Jet skis are fun! I have been to lake havesu with my friends and we always take theirs. There's nothing like flying over the water at 70.

We had a Polaris 750, now a SeaDoo 1500 and it's a rocket. I can't believe how quick the 4-strokes are. I'd spend more time at the lake if it weren't for jeepn ;)

I just picked up a 95 Sea Doo SPi for cheap
Make VERY sure you service the jet pump BEFORE you run it! There is not alot of oil in the cone on the impeller. If the o-ring blows and let water in you will toast it about 15-20 minutes. Then your looking at $250-$500 or more to rebuild according to damage done.
I was service manager at a Sea-Doo dealership for 2 yrs and worked parts there for 4yrs. Trust me..don't listen to what the previous owners said they have done....START from SCRATCH! Service the Jet-Pump and output shaft, check all hoses, BUT DONT YANK on the OIL LINES on the oil pump. They get brittle and will break from the vibration of the motor...... and always run the Bombardier ROTAX oils.....it will save you in the long run.

Now Congrats on your new toy..GO GET WET!

Code 11

Thanks for that Jeeper, I havent run it yet as we are rebuilding/awaiting parts for the starter. I will definitely service the jet pump. Now being that I dont have a service manual I guess I should get one. Is there anything specifically you could just tell me to do. My friend is doing most of the mech work though his expertise is in cars/motorcycles. Going over there this afternoon to tear into it again.

Change the oil filter and fuel filter for sure. I think the manual states every 50 hours. I may be wrong but I think your 95 does not have the D.E.S.S. system so since you can't check the hours on the boat you will probably want to do at least once a year...generally at winterization to make sure there is no water in the fuel or oil system thru the winter.
Oh..and watch out for ski ropes if you are pulling a tube or something.......they can suck a rope in on the drive shaft so quick you will not know what hit ya!

Jeep wheelbase length

I just ordered a service manual. Im going to go over this thing with a fine tooth comb. Just dont know where its been.

Back