Liberty good battery but have to jump to start and dies at idle

ixoni

2004 Liberty 3.7.
Jeep was running fine and has new battery. Stopped at the store and when tried to start it acted completely dead. Occasionally get a key in ignition door buzz. Turned on hazards and just got a loud buzz. No lights would work or anything else. Got someone to jump me and it started but would die as soon as rpm down to idle. Got it home by crazy high rpm driving! Still would not start. Tested battery, was fully charged. Then I turned on ignition, everything came on and it started and seemed normal again. Tested battery running and it was taking a charge.
What on earth could be going on? I am afraid to go anywhere now.
Any advice much appreciated.

Chech ur battery terminals. Something very similitude happened to me on a 97 Tacoma except it would run fine.. if ur terminals are loose it it won't have good enough contact to get the power it needs

Chech ur battery terminals. Something very similitude happened to me on a 97 Tacoma except it would run fine.. if ur terminals are loose it it won't have good enough contact to get the power it needs

It was the battery clamps. I had a new battery installed a few days before, and "assumed" the guy did it right, but he just sprayed red stuff on the posts and did not clean the clamps. So it looked good until I pulled the clamps off.
Thanks.

Back