Lift kit

hiddy1991

What do you think/know about a "Stoneys Offroad" 2in shackle lift. Not sure about it but I was thinking about buying one. A guy that lives by me is selling it and I'm thinking about buying it. Feedback plz. I have a 95YJ with stock everything.

Are you talking about this:
Jeep Wrangler YJ lift shackles 1987-1995 off road: eBay Motors (item 200486199781 end time Jul-21-10 09:49:56 PDT)

I've personally never heard of them, but I'd be tempted to buy new (especially for something that's under $200).

A two inch shackle lift (basically a shackle that is 4 inches longer than stock) is a little long for my taste. I'd stick with something around one inch or so and add a 1 inch body lift - one that replaces your body mounts would probably work nicely.

He's right...too much shackle lift, and you'll be asking for trouble with your castor angles and so on. This can be corrected with degree shims, but in the long run, is not the best system. If it's a trail-only beater rig, put them on and run the poo out of it. If you plan on roading it, it's not the best way to go.

Stay away from the shackle lift, there's better affordable methods of lifting a jeep. Consider installing TJ fender flares for more tire clearance, and you can make a 1.5" homemade add-a-leaf from a used set of front spring packs.

Thanks guys. I kinda figured there was a catch to it being cheap. Maybe then buying a 1in body lift for now, then get a 2in black diamond add a leaf? does a 2in add-a-leaf lift the car up higher? or would you not really notice a difference?

Back