lift kits for rubicon

rubicon3700

i was thinking of putting on a 4 inch lift on my 04 rubicon, any body have any recommendations? new wheels too maybe some 18s

I would stay with 15x8 rims..alot better for off road.

I have an 04 Rubicon and I run 35x12.50 on 15 rims. I have a R.E. 4 1/2 in lift with a 1 inch body lift and 4.88's to push the tire upgrade

If you have a Rubicon, you should have 16" wheels, not 15"... Either one will work fine offroad.

You can run 15's on a TJ Rubicon. I run a Full Traction 6" longarm, 35x12.50x15's and 4.88's on my '05 Unlimited Rubicon. The 4.88's are a little deep on the highway, other than that it all works great.

if you have the money i recomend a long arm lift! i dont know if all kits ride as good as mine but this thing is really easy to drive. i have a 6" fabtech. i drive it every day 40 or 50 miles to work and back on a two lane curvy highway with the swaybar disconnected!

Just two comments.... First, a long arm kit is fine but you must remember that when you attempt a very steep slope, you have more of a danger of flipping the jeep if you back down. Second, 15 inch rims are the norm for off-roading as it gives you more sidewall and that is something we are after! If you change your tires to a larger size, it's more weight. Therefore, it's a good thing to lighten that weight by getting good aluminum rims rather than steel.

To ask what lift to get is like asking what tire to get, Everyone will say , stay away from this ,and this lift is good. You need to do your homework. How much money can you spend? You can get a 4'' lift from $ 500- $3,000
On my 06 Rubi I went with RC 4'' and 33''s on the stock 16'' wheels. Never a problem.
Look up all you can find on lift kits and think about the one that you can afford, and the one that fits your needs.

He ^ makes a good point ask urself what do I want to do with my jeep? R u looking for an everyday driver that looks and rides cool on the street with little offroad. Or r u looking for medium offroad and driven on the street. Or trailer it there and home.? Those questions answered should help u find the tires and lift u want. I went for the medium I have a 4" tuff country ez- flex short arm with goodyear duratrac 32.5 on rubi 16's. No body lift cause I hate the look of one. Im running 4.11 gears on a i4 2.5. Just some food for thought hope it helped.

He ^ makes a good point ask urself what do I want to do with my jeep? R u looking for an everyday driver that looks and rides cool on the street with little offroad. Or r u looking for medium offroad and driven on the street. Or trailer it there and home.? Those questions answered should help u find the tires and lift u want. I went for the medium I have a 4" tuff country ez- flex short arm with goodyear duratrac 32.5 on rubi 16's. No body lift cause I hate the look of one. Im running 4.11 gears on a i4 2.5. Just some food for thought hope it helped.

The other question you need to ask is what kind of terrain you want to conquer... Rocks, mud and sand require different approaches. In my case, protection from water ingestion is more important that impacts from rocks, so a lot of waterproofing has been done (whereas I still use the stock tank and belly skids).

Back