Lift Question

shutterman400ex

steelhorse brush guard

Could I install a 2" shackle lift with a 4" skyjacer lift kit. Would it affect any thing? or just get more hight and everything be allright

not sure on those crazy leafs but on my TJ i have a 4 inch ProCOmp susp. lift, a 2 inch coil spacer lift, and a 1 inch body lift. everything seems to work fine

What The Hell

Yes but to get 2 inches out of a shackle lift the shackles would have to be 4 inches longer than stock, most likely you will only get about an 1. So you should decide if the money is worth the extra lift, I would also be careful of how sturdy the shackle is because that is one key part of keeping your springs in place.

They look plenty tough, just remember that the taller you get the worse your center of gravity gets

They look to be a bit tall for my liking. A friend of mine had these on his CJ and they stood almost straight up and down from the frame. I would think they would have an increased tendency to fold under your springs. Just my .02 8)

Jeep pulling out an H2

Shutter,
Look at the picture of the lifted jeep on the ebay posting VERY CLOSELY. You'll see how flat his springs are. Also, you'll note that he has a spring over axle setup. I have extended shackles and I wasted my money. I hate them. I wish I'd saved my money just a little longer and purchased a full lift kit with new springs and u-bolts, etc. With extended shackles on a YJ, they stick out, causing your approach angle to be DRASTICALLY reduced. They would be the first thing to get smashed when crawling rocks. Trust me. Save your money. If you want that extra little bit of clearance, get a 1" body lift. 1" is not as ugly as the 3" hockey puck, and will give you the clearance you need. Go with the Daystar 1" body lift where it completely replaces the body mounts. Here it is for $117 http://www.mesa4x4.com/parts/daystar/da-kj04505.html

C

Back