lift ?????

Tims06wrangler

Hey guys. I am new to the jeep lift scene. I have a 06 wrangler and it has a 3" BDS lift on it with 31's. I have not done to much off roading with it yet. I have just gone to the local truck nite and went through the mud pits. I want to do more off roading but dont know how much i can do with only a 3" lift. i would like to do a long arm lift and put 33's on it. So does anyone off road with just a 3" lift and if so how much can you do with it. what are your limits? Also a know warn is a good winch, but what other ones are just as good? I am serving in Iraq right now so i am shopping for parts and sending them home so i can build the jeep when i get there. If anyone has any other good ideas on other mods and stuff that would be great. Also i have the v6 in it and not sure what axels or gears. i bought it a few weeks before i deployed.

A stock Jeep is very capable of off roading.I have no lift with 31" tires and have not found anything to stop my Jeep within reason.As long as what ever I am climbing over is not higher than my side bars I will make it over.The lift will only help you get over bigger obstacles.As far as upgrades it depends on what you want to do.Look around in these forums there are tons of post of upgrades that people have done or wish to do.You could run the 33's now id you wanted the long arm is not nessary,but helpfull.

ok so i think i will just stay with the lift i have now. I have already bought i winch and stuff just dont have it on yet. As for a locker i have looked at so many and dont know which one to go with yet.

As for a locker i have looked at so many and dont know which one to go with yet.

If it is your daily driver, I recommend selectable lockers (ARB or Ox), as you will not feel them at all on the street, and will lock up (100%) when you want them to. Of course, the down side is that they are not cheap by any means...

Another option is to weld your rear gears (aso known as lincoln locker) so that your rear tires always spin at the same speed (this may cause some chirping around corners). As for selectable lockers, the detroit I have heard are the strongest, but dont have the best road manners. Aussie lockers also seem to be well liked...

Back