Lift

ckskier

I'm thinking about a 4in suspension lift and a 1.25in body lift. Would it be easier to install the body or suspension first? Also would I be able to clear 35s with that setup? 2003 wrangler x.
Thanks for any input

You would be able to clear 37's with that set up.

First if you install the body lift it will give you some clearance in the finger room needed to get to some of the bolts needed to be changed during your lift installation. You can run 35's with just a four inch lift but you would still get some rubbing at extreme flex when you compressed the tires into the fender wells, with a 1.250inch body lift you most likely will not depending on how wide of meats your decide to put on.

Remember when installing the body lift is to do one side at a time.

Thanks for the input I'm somewhat new to all of this so any other words of advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

You can run 35" and maybe 36" with that lift combo, but be sure to extend your bumpstops to keep the tires out of the fenders and make the springs last longer. It's not all about the flex anymore, and repeated overcompression of the springs will shorten their life.

Back