mirror relocation brackets

Semper FI

I have a 2006 LJ Wrangler and I would like to relocate my mirrors when I remove the doors. Does anyone have any suggestions on what brackets to buy?

I would suggest to not relocate them...I've done that before and half the time (using brackets that move your stock mirrors) you can't see the passenger mirror with the door on the Jeep. And also you hit the mirrors and move them every time you open the door (if you're not careful). If you simply want mirrors to stay legal while running doorless you can find a variety of mirrors that attach to the hinge. Imho that's the best solution.

do you know where to find them? I have looked and found none. I was going to use the mirrors that bolt to the windshield and look like CJ mirrors.

I simply made mine, but quadratec, fourwheel drive hardware, summit racing, any of those places carry several different brands of them.

where do you live? in texas, our safety inspection criteria only require one rearward facing mirror that gives visibility for 200 feet, which is my rearview mirror on the windshield. when the doors are off, so are the door mounted mirrors.

check your safety laws

I live in PA. You know the place that puts a 10 cent tax on every gallon of gas and it will raise to 30 cents in a couple of years. Just having the rear view mirror on the windshield is not enough for these guys here.

where do you live? in texas, our safety inspection criteria only require one rearward facing mirror that gives visibility for 200 feet, which is my rearview mirror on the windshield. when the doors are off, so are the door mounted mirrors.

check your safety laws

There are quite a few mirror movers on ebay. I've got some that look like this. I just moved my existing TJ mirrors to the body.

I find that it's hard to see the passenger side mirror with my soft doors on. It's no problem with hard doors though.

If the mirrors move when opening the doors, then either get a set of adjustable door straps, or take your existing straps and twist them - this will shorten them a bit and not let your door open as far.

There are quite a few mirror movers on ebay. I've got some that look like this. I just moved my existing TJ mirrors to the body.

I find that it's hard to see the passenger side mirror with my soft doors on. It's no problem with hard doors though.

If the mirrors move when opening the doors, then either get a set of adjustable door straps, or take your existing straps and twist them - this will shorten them a bit and not let your door open as far.

Thanks for those thoughts. I was thinking the same as you have said. I had for got about twisting the door strap. I also only have hard doors.

Back