Mirrors

brewter2

I've been curious , I have hard full hard doors for my jeep what's better original cj7 or new mirrors on the full hard doors

I Like the mirrors on the windshield hinges. When i take my doors off, I still have mirrors.

I'd have to agree with steady.foot. I take my doors off as well and also swap from the full doors to the half doors once in a while. Having the mirrors mounted on the windshield hinges makes more sense.

Sent from my iPad using Jeepz

Where do you live? Here in texas, our state safety inspection and laws allow us to have only one rearward facing mirror so we can be legal with our windshield rear view mirror. We dont have to worry about having outside mirrors when cops go by.

But, I had hinge mounted mirrors and they vibrate and shake so much, they were worthless for seeing anything. I took them off and got tj mirrors for my hard doors and they are so nice.

I purchased a chrome 4" round Harley Davidson motorcycle mirror and I drop it in the door hinge barrel and screw the cap on the bottom that came with the mirror. Alaska Law states I have to have a mirror, and this is ok, and it looks pretty sharp. I think it was $12 USD.

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPG

Brady
Anchorage, (Ft Richardson) Alaska

Last edited:
Back