missing hoses!

LtFuzz

a vaccum hose is missing from my sole-vac on the carb of my 87 I6 YJ...could this be causing me to stall out on decelleration? i dont know what the hose is supposed to hook up to and i cant find any disconnested hoses...

that could often cause decell stalling... there is a great change in vacuum at that point

I highly reccomend installing the Weber carb. I just did and I LOVE it. No more vacuum hoses to deal with and i can't believe how much smoother and more powerful it is now.

Jracka, That is a very nice site. I have printed a bunch of the pages for my note book and will put them to good use. tug

95 YJ Springs........... Free

how about removing all the vacuum lines, plugging the intake ports and carb ports?
-except the advance line.
I too own an 87 yj - stock carb.
it never ran better, or gave me the 340 miles/ tank i get now. (20 gal tank)
not to mention the smooth idle, clean compartment, and all around better jeep.
i have also done the nut bypass, and teamrush ignition, runs great, more power, less money.

Jracka said:
I highly reccomend installing the Weber carb. I just did and I LOVE it. No more vacuum hoses to deal with and i can't believe how much smoother and more powerful it is now.

Well..
thats not entirely true... There are SOME vacuum hoses, just not nearly as many as on the stock carter bbd carb.
If you don't have any hoses hooked up whatsoever then its installed wrong. at the bare minum you should at least have your vacuum andvance and egr hooked up.
Some people argue against the egr, but i find that my jeep runs alot smoother with it installed, and since i got the vacuum hoses done right, it doesnt flood anymore.

Back