Missing Rear Track Bar

Jeepz4Mee

I have recently installed a 2.5" BDS suspension, and when taking off the old rear leaf springs I noticed that my rear track bar was disconnected already. Upon further inspection, I found that the bracket that attaches the track bar to the axle broke. I then installed the new suspension and forgot about the rear track bar. I have read in some articles that the rear track bar isnt necessary. What do you think? Is that correct?

I recommend not using it on a YJ, the rear axle tracks very well behind the solid spring hangers on the frame so it's really not needed.

been running 4 yrs w/a 4" lift with neither the front or rear track bar and no sway bar... so personally i wouldn't worry about it.... just remember its not a ferrari in the corners and you'll be ok....

I ran my DD YJ for 7 years without a rear trac bar. Its just useless steel under there. You'll get better flex without it too.

drove my jeep for years with out any track bars or sway bars. never an issue, won't pull .95 G's on a skid pad, but won't drive terribly bad either.

Mine is not there, but I cant say it missing cause I dont miss it one bit!

been running 4 yrs w/a 4" lift with neither the front or rear track bar and no sway bar... so personally i wouldn't worry about it.... just remember its not a ferrari in the corners and you'll be ok....

X2. Track bars are off mine as well. Much better flex without them which is a big improvement with any leaf sprung Jeep.

Back