mount hi-lift?

txbill

finally my wife let me get warn bumpers and sliders,is there any quick fix to mounting hift jack to tire carrier or bumpers,any help would be appreciated

I wouldn't mount it to either, best to mount inside where the hilift is out of the elements. I mount mine to the rear rollbar hoops using two muffler clamps and two wingnuts. Mounts just above the tailgate.

putting it on the bumpers on makes it inaccessable if you happen to bury that end of the vehicle. mines bunjeed (SP) and locked on my roof rack

Dont even think about putting it on the bumper unless it is going to be ontop of the bumper. I got mine wedged in between the rear bumper and a big rock and I wasnt getting that highlift off no matter what I did. Lesson learned dont put it on the rear bumper. I am going to mount mine ontop of my front bumper and I just take it off whenever I am not wheeling.

I have the warn rear bumper and carrier, mines mounted right on the carrier under the 33" tire. 35" tires won't work. I ordered mounting kit and put some tamper screws right on the carrier. Works fine. Though yeah, if ya end up getting stuck in some deep mud or wedged its not going to be easy to get off. Looks nice though. I'll dig up a picture.

Found one. Sorry for the dark picture..thats taken in the day time..soo dark. damned sony trash.

image-missing.png

LGR - love that little Jeepz.com reference. Is it painted or a sticker? If a sticker, where can I get one?

Mine is strapped to the back of the rollbars. It is out of the way and not going to become a progectile if $hi7 hits the fan. It is out of the weather and going to work when I need it to. I carry the base in my recovery bag with my tree saver, strap, snatch block bla bla bla. I live in a place where the weather gets bad and the roads get salted or chemically treated. I really don't want the high lift getting that treatment, I want it to work when I need it. Remember to grease or oil that thing on a regular basis and if you carry it on the outside of your rig do it often, like every other month, or after a good rain that you have driven in.

not true

hey Mud they're decals, i forgot who gave sent 'em to me, i want to say raven did.

Yeah weather beats the hell outta my hi-lift. that thing loves oil...everytime i take it out i gotta blast it with wd40 and work it up and down for like 5 minutes before it starts to work smooth. Inisde is the best mount. I just didn't have any space at the time.

Here is a pic of how I mount mine.

image-missing.png

I agree that hi-lift maint should be a thread to get started. Those things can kill you if they are not working right. They can save your butt if used properly.

~Curt

B.S>ed and Happy at the same time!

I just rest mine across the back behind the rear most roll bars. never had a problem with it coming out! never flipped either!

Back