moving to NC

YJTino

RE: Re: RE: August goings ons..........

We just bought 3.5 acres in Chapel Hill, NC. :D We will be leaving Florida sometime next summer. 8) We are both very exited by this coming change in our life. Since we were both originally from up north; Connecticut for my wife and Canada, Quebec for me, it's a return to something closer from home but not freezing cold. We might even have a white Christmas again!!! :shock:

Welcome back to the land of four seasons! You are moving close to some really great wheeling country- google Uwharrie National Forest- it's a blast! Mud got my YJ stuck there- I believe that's what got him to buy a winch.

RE: Re: RE: August goings ons..........

Awesome Tino! I love NC too, the people are great and the land is beautiful. Uwharrie is a wonderful place. I did my first offroading there! You'll love it too. Congrats.

Can I ASK WHY your leaving florida? I'd love to move there myself. Too many mobile homes maybe? lol

Lady

Hey, great news, Tino!! So.......are you still comin' up this way (Tellico) with those Florida Jeepers in September?

Hey, great news, Tino!! So.......are you still comin' up this way (Tellico) with those Florida Jeepers in September?

Yes, hope to see you there too. lol

You'll like it here. There is a ton to complain about in this state, but it really is a beautiful place and it's relatively easy living. I live right on the coast, but I used to spend alot of time up around where you will be living.

Can I ASK WHY your leaving florida? I'd love to move there myself. Too many mobile homes maybe? lol

My wife his finishing school in Acuponcture next June and already have a friend in NC who do the same thing and make good money. So she wanted to move there. For me, I have been working for Cirque du Soleil for 8 years and need a change + I miss Quebec and the mountains so minus Quebec, I still get the mountains and more...ticks too. lol Florida is nice but it's getting over populated and it's very humid and it's flat and there gators everywere and it's time for us to go...I gess Florida it's like Vegas, It's ok for a vacation but not to live there. But it's just me. We are still going to keep our condo on the west coast for winter vacation :wink:

Back