Muffler

Cujo

When i got my YJ, it came with a Borla cat-back system. When i am going up a hill or just getting up to speed, it starts to rattle really loud at like 2 grand, and then it stops. i looked under the jeep and it looks like it is shaking so much that it is hitting the bottom of my jeep. Any way i could stop that W/O welding a bar or a reason why it does it? Thanks (P.S. its a 2.5L if it matters)[addsig]

You would most likely have to weld a bar to hold it still.I dont think that there is anything that you could put between the body and the muffler,that thing gets pretty hot!!! Sully[addsig]

I have that borla kit too, and it, in my opinion, is a waste of money! that rattle you hear is most likely the exhaust pipe hitting te floor boars, more specifically where the pipe goes over the rear end. When I installed mine, mine was sounding horrible just as you explaine it! I ended up cutting about 4 inches off th male end of the jointing point just after the muffler, where the pipe is bent up. It make the exhaust tip a bit crooked, but does not rattle!!

Johnny[addsig]

Back