My First oil change tomorrow

MrChubbyHubby said:
Hey..... whats the choice oil and weight in my 95 w/ 4 cyl???

10w30, I prefer pennzoil, but you will get many different answers to which is the best.

Any Major Brand of oil in 10w30. I just like to pick an oil and stick with it to keep the inter lub properties as normal to the engin as posible. In other words I picked my brand for my motor and I stick to it. tug

Look on your oil cap if you have a newer vehicle and it will usually have a recomended weight, or on a sticker near the radiator.

Just a note. Ive heard/read penzoil slacks on their additives so the engine doesnt clean itself as it would with other oils.

Mobil 1

flip124 said:
Just a note. Ive heard/read penzoil slacks on their additives so the engine doesnt clean itself as it would with other oils.

From who? I've been using Pennzoil since I was 16. No particular reason, I just like to stick with what works. Been driving hard 17 years since then and no problems. I made one exception this year when my jeep went 2200 miles with a syntec blend, but thats a whole can o' worms I ain't about to open
beatdeadhorse-4.gif

Dad asked whats the best oil to use when he bought my old ranger from the ford stealer. He said any major brand but the stuff in yellow bottle. I posted on some websites and it was confirmed by the trusty old internet. Now im not postive of this but its all the same price so i have just used mobil 1.

TJ

Back