naked weight

superj

I finally stopped and weighed the jeep with no hardtop and no doors on, it weighed in at 3200lbs. That's including tow hitches and slide adapters though so its very possibly it is about 3160 completely empty of all the junk I have in it (fluids, tools, hitches, etc)

I am going to have to find my thread of what it weighed fully dressed so we have a comparison to know for future use

I weighed mine at the dump (uncertified scale of dubious accuracy). With doors, softop, me and a few cans of paint it weighed 4040 lbs.

I've almost stopped on some trucker scales, but I'm not sure about the etiquette of that.

hmm, after searching some, i guess i never weighed the 87 with everything on it. i found my post on weighing the wife's 93 when it had everything on it and it was 3380.

Weighed my '79 CJ5 at the scrap yard a few weeks back. It was 3050, no top of any kind, no back seat or even a radio. Also that's without my very heavy self in it.

Mine weighs 5300 with hard top, doors, and me in it. Certified grain elevator scale.

I've almost stopped on some trucker scales, but I'm not sure about the etiquette of that.

I did that once in my younger days with an old Bronco. I drove right onto the scale and my buddy ran in and asked the guy if it was ok to find out how much it weighed. He didn't mind at all. I can't remember the weight now but I think it was around 5000.

The CAT certified scales at tuck stops around here charge you for weighing your vehicle.

Back