new england trip

jps4jeep

Super Moderator
The dec 6 trip was canceled due to 3 feet of snow, It has been moved to january 17 for all those that want to go. It is at coy hill in warren mass, minutes from ct and NY 1/2 hr from VT

People will be coming from all over, all are welcome

Interested email me jps4jeep@aol.com

just bumping this up the list so it doesn't get lost. I'll be there with bells on. I'm gonna bring my Dad with me cause he wants to see what this who "jeep thing" is all about!

Just a side note, I hunt Coy Hill and have for several years. In fact we just removed a large tree from across the road(lol) coming from the Rt 9 side on the West Brookfield/Ware line. If you need any info let me know and I can do some scouting for you. patlisa514

I was reading your other posting for the trip and Coy Hill is nowhere near the NY border. It is Central Mass and on the edge of the Pioneer Valley, from the south I would take the Mass Pike or 84 coming out of Ct. and get off in Sturbridge or if on the Mass Pike get off in Palmer. 32N until it intersects Rt9 in Ware Ma and head east on 9. On the left is a Rock State Park and there is a tight right turn just after that, its the only right that heads up Coy Hill. If you see the Submarina Sub Shop on your right you've gone too far. There is another road up the hill out of Warren Ma on Rt 67 and I can give directions for that also. Pat M

patlisa, what is the best way to get there? should i take route 20 or 84 to 90? what ever way is quicker. pm me or send me email raygalli1118@hotmail.com. we are meeting at the warren town common if that is any help to you. you should come out and meet some of us. maybe bring your jeep!!!!

Thanks

patlisa514, When I said It was near NY, that basically was to say it is under an hour drive. I am coming from the north shore and it will be about a 2 hour drive so sorry for that confusion. We are meeting in warren town common as Ray said so we are driving up the warren portion. I personally have never been on this trail, I have some one else who is more farmiliar with the road and will be leading. If you have any info or directions for me, please email me at jps4jeep@aol.com

Any more assistance would be great

Oh ya what are you doing this saturday, wanna wheel?

The easiest for anyone coming from the west, east, or south is to get to the Palmer exit on the Mass Pike, I believe that is exit #8 , and take a left at the light 50 yds from the toll booth. That is 32N for about a mile, past the Mc D's, Car Store, Rug Outlet then after the Rug Outlet there is a second right, Old Warren Rd, there is also a wooden sign that says Burleigh Park, take that right and follow to he end about 2-3 miles, you will come to a T, that is Rt. 67. take a left and follow about 4-5 miles, you will come through West Warren, keep on 67, when you start to come into Warren you will notice a Shell Station on your left, there is a left just Before that Shell that is the road for Coy Hill, to go to the Common wait on that left and continue on 67 for about a 1/2 mile, as you cross the river and come by the Police Station on your right you will see the Gazebo and town Common on your right. Warning Warren police are very particular about their speed limits. Another note is the yellow ribbons all over the town are not for the troops they are for Molly Bish the lifeguard that was abducted and murdered from the Commins Pond swimming area a couple years ago. Just for some local info. Any other help, just leave a note and I will respond. thanks Patlisa514/

Another thought, you can continue to travel up Rt 67 and you will come to another T about 2-3 mi. at Rt 9, take a left, you will come by a motel, Submarina Sub Shop, and see a smaller pond on your right, there is a left, maybe 1/2-1 mi that is the North side of Coy Hill, it goes right by a house, I forget if there is a street name, but that is some of the roughest part of the Hill that I know of, though I was just up there with my F150, but I was at my limit for the truck, the jeep wouldn't have much of a problem. You will come out at the same place depending at which end of the mountain you want to start. When coming in from the Warren Side, there is also a road called Town Farm Rd, and I am not sure what is at the end of that, but probably worth checking out. If I have time before Saturday, I will take a ride down and check it out and leave a scouting report, though I work two jobs and four kids, and the biggest problem is prying my wife's ass out of the drivers seat. Leaves me with the kids and the minivan, the nerve of here , oh the humanity!!!!!!!

Back