New exhaust for my 88 Wrangler

imagrits101

Hey yall!
Ok, so i want to put some new exhaust on my Jeep, the factory exhaust is TOO quite for me. I like sound!! So, my question is, does anyone know if Flowmasters sound good on a Jeep? i also thought about cherry bomb exhaust. I want my Jeep to have a good sound, but at the same time, i dont want it to sound like a mad bumble bee! :lol: I have a GMC Sierra, which is just has straight pipes on it, but im just not sure about the Jeep. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Summer

I've heard of Cherry bombs sounding throaty at low RPM's but gets a little bit more of a lighter pitch at higher RPM's.

I took the muffler off my 258 leaving only the cat on the stock 2 inch pipe. It is still pretty quiet, but when you step on it, it bellows like a straight six should. I don't know how this setup would sound with the 4.0, though.

Just a cheap suggestion.

awesome! thanks so much for the replies! as soon as i get it changed, i will be sure to add a soundbite! My truck also is just straight piped- nothing fancy, and your right Collin the Hen, cheap suggestion that just might work! :) Hopefully i can go tomorrow and talk to my muffler man! thanks again yall

Thanks buckshot500! i will def. check into that!! Thanks for the PDF too. About how much does the Thrush exhaust run?

If you can afford it I dont think anything sounds better than borla. but for good sound and not real expensive try magnaflow as well. I think there website has some soundbites. I have five inch magnaflow on my cummins and I love it. It also sounds good on a few of my buddies chevys.

i just checked on the Borla, but there are no dealers around my area. I would have to buy from the site. and for magnaflow, there is no option for my Jeep

Are you lookin to changed the whole exhaust system or just change the muffler? If you just want different tone you can measure your muffler and just order one the same size to replace it. If you want the whole system done take it to an exhaust shop and then you can have it built with which ever muffler you want.

i just checked on the Borla, but there are no dealers around my area. I would have to buy from the site. and for magnaflow, there is no option for my Jeep

Order what you want online then take it to any muffler shop and they'll install it for you. The Meinekie (sp?) down the street charged me $50 to install my Borla cat back system.

ok thanks! i got under my jeep yesterday, and my poor muffler is shot- no wonder it sounds like i have an exhaust leak. i was thinking about getting a whole new set-up, i mean i can do it myself at home, but i just dont want to get something im not going to be happy with ya kno?

Back