New radiator

TG56

Can someone inform me how many liters or gallons of liquid is in the cooling system in my 4.L Wrangler 2004 with auto transmission,as I am going to set a new radiator in my car . What antifreeze liquid do you recomend.
Regads

I would say google this one. I always but two gallons and mix it 50/50 with water, like the directions say. I end up with some left over, I think. Must be time to change it again since I don't remember

Google it as superj says. You really need to get a chiltons manual for your jeep, not Haynes that is toilet paper,CHILTONS.

10.5 qts or a bit over 2gal. Be sure you buy HOAT or G05 coolant as specified by the mfg. oh and if its not premix, be sure you mix it with distilled water.

http://www.quadratec.com/jeep_knowledgebase/article-102.htm

Also if you are going to but a manual, but the factory service manual. There is everything you need to know with troubleshooting methods.

Here is the parts catalog.
http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-parts-catalogs/wrangler-tj/2004-Jeep-Wrangler-TJ-Parts-Catalog.PDF

Last edited:
Google it as superj says. You really need to get a chiltons manual for your jeep, not Haynes that is toilet paper,CHILTONS.

I like the pictures in Haynes . Also , now is a good time to change thermostat and gasket . Check all your hoses and clamps , changing them now is better since your flushing the system . How's the serpentine belt ??? And the water pump ??? CHILTON is better , but Chrysler factory service manual the best .

image-2908449562.jpg

Last edited:
Agreed , Haynes was never my favorite , just like the pictures. Diagnostic and written procedure in text leave much to be desired in compare with CHILTON . Best yet , FACTORY SHOP MANUAL.
Got to love your jeep to spend that money for the shop manual though.

If you want to how to do it properly and once. Use a FSM all else has plenty of mistakes in how to and troubleshooting what is wrong. Sure a FSM is expensive but you will never raise question with it.

To the OP. did you get you info and info resolved???

Back