New Seats a success!

iraq_vet_x2

Fellow X'ers,
I got these seats out of a two door Grand Prix in the junk yard the day before yesterday. I'm not sure of the year though, probably between 95-99 would be my guess. Anyway, they were in great shape, but they didn't bolt directly in. I had to drill one hole in my Jeep's base and two in the bottom of the Pontiac seats (the back two holes), to get everything to line up. The front two holes don't exactly line up but it's nothing a little brute force and foul language can't handle to get the seat to bend just enough to get the bolts in and started. I did take some pics as I went along so if ya'll want the full install story let me know and I'll post it.

Attachments

• newseats3.jpg
    newseats3.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 84
  • Newfrontseats.jpg
    Newfrontseats.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 83
  • newfrontseats2.jpg
    newfrontseats2.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 83
  • newseatsbase.jpg
    newseatsbase.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 78
  • newseatsattch.jpg
    newseatsattch.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 79

Great Job8) looks like they were MADE for that Jeep. Bet they're comfortable too. I may take a jont to the city for a wrecking yard when it's time for me to get seats for my 3B.:D

They look and match great with the Jeep.Looks really comfortable.I wouldn't mind having something like that,but my seats get wet to often.

Man, those look nice!!! My butt is kickin' myself in the .........well.........butt!!! "GET ME SOME OF THOSE"!!!!!! However, I would look into some neoprene (or somethings else waterproof) seatcovers for those.....would extend the life and keep your butt dry when it rains. Great job, though!!! And thanx for posting it - I'm pleasantly surprised it took such little modification to make 'em fit!!

Thanks for all the comments guys. It was a bit of a concern for me to get cloth seats, especially in Louisiana at the beginning of hurricane season, but I was also tired of burning the hell out of the back of my thighs. I guess it's a trade off, and I'm just going to have to be more mindful of the forecasts. I went back and took a look at what vehicle I got them out of and it was a 95, if anyone else reads this post later on. Just so ya'll know, another trade off is that now I have seats that recline, but they don't slide back and forth. I didn't much care since I'm the only one that drives it; but if you do care, you're going to have to get creative. The rail on the Pontiac seats has a big bar under it that won't allow you to mount it to the stock Jeep risers.

Woohoo! 100th post!

Just carry some large garbage bags to be on the safe side.Does the passenger seat still tip forward?I could not tell if you used the Jeep bracket that allows the whole seat to tip forward or not.

Ya, both seats still tip forward, the brackets never came out of the Jeep. Thanks for the tip on the garbage bags, I'll keep some handy.

Back